Thursday, January 29, 2015

January 29 - Dear Nicholas Sparks

Dear Mr. Sparks,

I'm in the middle of taxes and a very important CDH Research project today so I am going to have to cheat a little bit on my letter writing and make this much shorter than usual.

Today, I want to share with you the CDH Song.   I wrote this on a plane ride on an airline napkin on the way to our CDH Conference in San Antonio to try to help the kids better understand and explain Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia to others.  



Lyrics to "I'm a Real Live Cherub":

I'm a real life cherub but I don't have wings
When I was a baby the doctor had to fix things
My tummy was in my chest and it was hard to breathe
The doctor put it all back and here's where he fixed me!

Sung to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot".  Professional song writer I am not.   But the kids are pretty darn adorable!

Sincerely,
Dawn M. Torrence Williamson
CDH mom who will never win a Grammy

No comments:

Post a Comment