Saturday, September 19, 2015

September 19 - Dear Nicholas Sparks


Dear Mr. Sparks,

I am driving back from the Toronto conference with my mom and my aunt.   My family is French Canadian and I couldn't not take them with me to see the land that my grandfather was from.

Driving back home we drove through Acadia and by pure luck (or God's guidance) we stumbled upon a reenactment village.   And in the village was a restored ancestral home of one of my great-great-great... great-grandfathers Theriault.

We got to visit inside the house, met a distant cousin who sang a song to us about our family in French, ate bread baked in the fireplace and got to raise some CDH Awareness.

The only thing missing was my grandfather and my son, bless their souls.  But they were there with us.  And these Save the Cherubs photos with wings are very dear to my heart.








Sincerely,

Dawn M. Torrence Williamson
Grieving CDH Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment