Saturday, January 10, 2015

January 10 - Dear Nicholas Sparks

Dear Mr. Sparks,

I met you today and told you about CDH.

Volunteer, Laura Tomcyzk (aunt of cherub, Owen, also lost to CDH), and I woke up at 4:00 to drive from our towns outside of Raleigh to your book signing near Charlotte.   We got there early to get in line and waited a couple of hours to see you.

You did not disappoint.  You were so kind and so interested in what we had to tell you about Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and you asked questions and genuinely listened and took time to take interest and learn.  I told you about the blog and left you the address.  I told you about the letters and had copies with me but I didn't want to be pushy so I only left you with my charity business card and the address to this blog.

I was so overwhelmed with telling you about CDH that I completely forgot to ask to pose for a photo with you!   Next time, I hope.

So it is my hope that tonight or sometime soon, you will read this and while I am still running on the high of actually getting to meet you and talk about CDH a little bit, I am hoping for a little more time to really tell you about these children.

Thank you for your kindness, compassion and interest in our children today.   I was already a fan.  Now more so.

Sincerely,
Dawn Torrence Williamson
Grateful CDH mom

3 comments:

  1. So glad you got to meet him and get the word out! I will be writing a letter about Easton to email and to hopefully get it posted! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing, thank you so much for meeting him and spreading CDH awareness Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, you are amazing! I am glad he was listening to you& hope he will pick up the challenge & begin the challenge you have presented to him!

    ReplyDelete