Friday, January 16, 2015

January 16 - Dear Nicholas Sparks

Dear Mr. Sparks,

Today I got up again at o'dark thirty to do something crazy to raise Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness.  This is beginning to be a habit.

 (me, in red, and Lizz beside me wearing her CDH Awareness shirt)

CDH survivor, Lizz Lopez, and I were guests on Raleigh radio station G105 with Bob and the Showgram.  It was the "Friday Free for All" show and I got to talk about CDH and CHERUBS and a couple things we've done to raise awareness.  This blog and you came up in conversation also.

Bob said he's met you a few times and I got to say that I've met you too and what a nice guy I think you are.

I was really scared going on this morning as the show could've been good or bad for us as a children's charity (it's not Howard Stern but it's not Disney either) but our segment was good and Bob, Erica and the crew were very nice and welcoming and all the staff was wonderful.  We met quite a few nice people also there to participate.   It was a great experience and we are so grateful for it.

Lizz told me "only for you, Dawn, would I get up at 4:00 to raise awareness".  I hear that a lot... "only for you, Dawn, would I __________ (fill in the blank) to raise awareness".   I am blessed to be surrounded by people who as passionate (or crazy) as I am about helping these babies.

These are the things we do to raise awareness.  The media doesn't pay much attention at all to these kids so any positive coverage is good.  As I told Bob this morning "Short of doing anything illegal or anything that involves nudity, I will do anything to raise awareness for this kids".  I mean that.  Someday someone will take me up on that and push the limits but someone has to take a stand for these kids.  It might as well be me.  And as many charity members as I can convince to join in.

Maybe a family heard us this morning and contacts us.   Maybe a donor or sponsor will contact us.  Maybe 1000's more people learned about CDH this morning.  So it was a good day.

Sincerely,
Dawn M. Torrence Williamson
Sleepy CDH Mom

1 comment:

  1. I listened to the podcast. Great job Dawn!!!!
    Please join our cause Mr. Sparks. We need a champion!!!

    ReplyDelete