Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5 - Dear Nicholas Sparks

Dear Mr. Sparks,

Although 13 years have come and gone, since my sweet Kaleigh was born with and then passed away from a congenital diaphragmatic hernia, the hole that was left in my heart is just the same. Nothing can ever prepare a parent for the news of their child having a devastating birth defect but even more so nothing can ever prepare you for their death. What I do know is that without CHERUBS support, I may not have been able to function at all. They have been my life line when no one else knew what to say, or do, and over these last 13 years have become family. This birth defect is to common for the world to not know what it is and it pains me that we have to scream at the top of our lungs to get our voices heard for research funding and awareness. We need our voices heard. Our babies, our children, deserve at least that much and so much more!

Sincerely,
Karen Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment